Tiger Oakes has developed a mobile application (“Hawaii Bus Plus”, “App”) that collects data from your device in order to provide you with pertinent transport information for nearby services.
4. What information we collect from you
We collect and process information from your device in several ways, including:
- We collect your preferences, including favorite routes, saved locations, and other personal customizations such as disabled transit networks. This information is saved to a Hawaii Bus Plus account.
- We also automatically collect usage details each time you use Hawaii Bus Plus, including the country of origin, the searches you make, the routes you interact with, the type of phone or OS you are using, etc.
- We collect contact information (email and name) when you explicitly request to sign up for Hawaii Bus Plus or when signing up for early access.
- We collect your payment information and share it with a payment processor when you explicitly request to sign up for a paid account.
- While we access your location from your device when you grant us explicit permission, this information is stored locally on your device and is not retained nor uploaded to our servers.
5. How we use your information
We may use information collected from or provided by you for the following purposes:
- Provide you with pertinent transport information for nearby services;
- Restore your preferences if you log into your Hawaii Bus Plus account on a different device;
- Measure usage of Hawaii Bus Plus, including usage of specific features and views;
- Offer you rewards such as credits or promo codes for mobility operators that are available in Hawaii Bus Plus;
- Develop and improve Hawaii Bus Plus based on your feedback and interactions;
- Guide product development and build new features;
- Conduct research on users habits and how they use public transportation;
- Identify and correct bugs and other problems with Hawaii Bus Plus;
- Respond to your emails and help with support queries;
- Comply with law and regulations and lawful requests or orders.
6. Users' options
The following are some examples of your options with regard to collection, use and disclosure of your information:
- You are not required to indicate any preferences (including setting your home and work address) in order to use Hawaii Bus Plus.
- You can create an anonymous Hawaii Bus Plus account by using a fake name and an email account that does not reveal your identity.
- You can provide anonymous feedback by using an email account that does not reveal your identity, and does not include your name.
- You can unsubscribe at any time from mailing lists by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in the emails you may receive.
7. Disclosure to third parties
We do not disclose your information to third parties without your explicit consent except for the following purposes:
- In case you request assistance with the use of Hawaii Bus Plus, we might share such request, including your contact information, with a third party directly involved in the issue (i.e. if you inform us over email that certain transit schedules in the app are outdated, and we forward this message to the applicable transit agency).
- In case we are required to comply with applicable law and regulations and lawful requests or orders or if it is otherwise permitted by law (i.e., protect and defend our rights, situation that threatens life, health or safety, etc.).
We also disclose anonymous and aggregate information to certain third parties for research, product development or other business purposes. For instance, we may share information with transit agencies to help them analyze and improve their services.
7.1 Third party software/service
While using Hawaii Bus Plus, we may be using third party software and/or service for various needs, inter alia, in order to collect and/or process the information detailed herein (the “Third Party Service Provider”). These third party services include the usage of Software Development Kits (“SDKs”) from the following companies and for the following purposes:
- Google Maps SDK, which is used to show an interactive map and street view.
- Get Insights SDK, which is used for product analysis.
- Stripe SDK, which is used for payment processing.
- Netlify Identity SDK, which is used to store your user account.
- Mailchimp, which is used for sending out promotional emails.
Note that these are independent software and/or service providers and we do not take any liability about the information collection policies of these providers, or about any kind of issue, legal or otherwise, relating thereto.
8. Security Safeguards
We are committed to securing your information and we take reasonable physical, organizational and technical measures to protect your information against unauthorized access, use, disclosure, modification or destruction.
These safeguards include, but are not limited to:
- Storage on secure servers;
- Encryption of the communication channels;
- Limited access to employees and contractors on a “need-to-know” basis.
Although we take great efforts to protect your information, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches nor be immune from any wrongdoings or malfunctions.
9. Retention period
We will retain your information as long as you use Hawaii Bus Plus and for a reasonable time thereafter.
10. Right to access and removal
We store your information on servers located in the USA.
If you would like to remove or access any information that we have collected through Hawaii Bus Plus that is stored on our servers, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. On receiving such a request, we will use reasonable efforts to provide you or delete such information.
We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected information of a child under 13 without first receiving parental consent, we will take steps to delete such information within a reasonable time. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided information to us, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information within a reasonable time.
12. Do not track signals
Hawaii Bus Plus responds to Web browser “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals by turning off product analytics.
14. Contact information